Ever since I was diagnosed with UC, my face completely changed. Annnnnd not for the best. I never struggled with acne or had acne prone skin growing up. I was “lucky”. Until I had my autoimmune condition that obviously purged out on my skin in the form of acne and painful cystic acne. I hated hearing the stories of other women who cleaned up their diet to immediately see results. My diet changed for two years and I quickly cleaned up my hygiene and makeup products to use all natural and even diy and still no progress. I became OBSESSED with my skin. I went to get herbal facials, I dedicated myself to morning facial steams, bought any natural product that would take acne away and still to no avail! I was DEVASTATED! Not only did the acne look bad but it was painful. It really got to my confidence. Finally I decided that I need to accept it for what it is. I know that I’m still fighting my health issues, lots of inflammation and so until that is gone, the acne will stay. But, in the process of being determined enough to fight this acne, I did find a pretty good skincare routine that has kept the acne at a decent level that I can handle it.
1. Pai SkinCare Rosehip Biogenerate Oil- A newbie to my routine but it has kept my skin hydrated. I previously used any organic rosehip oil but this was is top notch!
2. DIY ACV Toner- I mix one part apple cider vinegar and one part aloe vera juice along with tea tree oil. I spray this on my face once a day after washing.
3. Zyderma HS Clarifying Cream- After washing, I put this amazing cream on, if you struggle from acne try this, it has really worked for me and a small pump goes a long way.
4. Rosewater- I spray on my face throughout the day
5. Witch Hazel- I use a cotton ball to swipe this on my face AM and PM
6. Bamboo Charcoal Soap- I wash with this twice a day.