At first I wanted to make this with ground turkey but just got back from the grocery store and there was no way I was going back. Right now, I’m taking a short break from meat. Sometimes I do that. I listen to what my body wants. It’s not craving meat at all so I can put it on hold for now. I’m telling you, LISTEN to your body. It will never steer you wrong, you just need to practice the listening part. I definitely will be writing a blog post about listening to your body, it’s one of my favorite topics. This is a perfect soup with lots of flavor, easy to make, simple, and is great for the cold weather.
1 bunch curly kale- I just tear it from the stems into pieces
2 medium size white potatoes-chopped not peeled
1 pack sliced crimini mushrooms
3 carrots chopped
1 can coconut milk
½ medium onion chopped
¾ tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground ginger
2 cloves minced garlic
4 ½ cups vegetable broth
- In a large sauce or soup pan, heat olive oil then add onions and cook until translucent.
- Add the spices, salt, ginger, turmeric and garlic
- Add the potatoes
- Add the broth and the carrots
- Bring to a boil and let cook until carrots and potatoes are tender
- Add the mushrooms and kale and let boil for another 15 minutes
- Last, stir in the coconut milk
- Make sure all vegetables are tender and serve hot.