Heads up, I really loved baking gluten free/paleo. Warning: I bake from recipes and love to adapt BUT I also rarely write down the adaptations and then hate myself for it later on. I promise to get better at this. Each time I go into the kitchen I told myself I will bring a notepad and pen. So here’s to hoping I will learn from my mistakes so I can give you all some delicious baked goods and maybe I’ll get better at creating my own recipes without judging myself too much! These cookies have a cake like taste, they are soft and chewy. I personally like them in overnight oats or chia seed pudding or a sweeter smoothie. Let me know what you think!
Recipe adapted from: paleorunningmama.com
Makes: 24 cookies
1 cup Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 Gluten Free Baking Mix
3 tbsp aquafaba
½ cup organic coconut sugar
½ cup organic pumpkin puree
1/3 cup cashew butter
1/3 cup dairy free chocolate chips
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp cardamom
1 tbsp cinnamon
pinch of ground cloves
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking sheets.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the aquafaba, cashew butter, pumpkin puree, coconut sugar and vanilla until smooth. In a separate mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves and baking soda.
3. Combine the dry mixture then slowly mix it into the wet ingredients. Lastly, stir in the chocolate chips or chunks.
4. Chill the dough for 10 mins in freezer.
5. Once the dough is chilled, roll into 24 balls and place evenly on both cookie sheets, I flattened each cookie with my hand.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until just set. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.