I was inspired by both my craving for date bars and one of my friends on Instagram. Dates are delicious and I grew up eating them until I become a teen then I forgot all about dates L These are so chewy and melt in your mouth delicious! Oh by the way if you haven’t noticed, all of my recipes are on the paleo and/or vegan spectrum so enjoy!!
Base and Topping:
2 cups raw cashews
1 cup gluten free oats
¼ cup date paste
¼ cup melted coconut oil
1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
For the filling:
2 cups date paste + ½ cup water
1 tsp vanilla extract
Optional toppings: chocolate chips, other seeds and nuts, or dried fruit!
1. Place cashews and oats in food processor to a crumble texture.
2. Add dates, coconut oil, and salt. Set aside 1 cup of topping mixture.
3. In a 8x8 pan, spread the mixture and press firmly into pan.
4. Now for the filling, mix all ingredients together in the food processor and pulse until a smooth consistency
5. Spread the filling onto the base evenly and used the reserved 1 cup mixture that we saved for the topping.
6. Refrigerate for about 2-3 hours and when ready cut into squares (I like using a pizza cutter, it’s easy!) Enjoy!!!